Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Luxury Of Life

Photographed By:Isabel Nilsson
Make Up: Caroline Geijer
Clothes By: Mayfly - Caroline Geijer
Model: Christina Geijer

WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL STYLE AND WHAT DO CLOTHES REPRESENT TO YOU?
It’s nice to have your own personal style, and I get happy when people think I have it. I think that clothes unconsciously represents a way for me to express myself. Your style changes all the time, as one gets older, enters new stages in life and so on. I feel free to put on me what I want and what I feel like without caring about trends (even if I let myself be inspired by them).

WHAT'S YOUR ROLE IN YOUR SISTER’S COMPANY
I've been a bit of a creative spring board (someone to test ideas on and get some ideas from), and have established contacts with suppliers and customers. I’ve also found fabricsfor Caroline's collections.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER DESIGNS – FROM A GENERAL PERSPECTIVE AND FROM A PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW?
Her designs are timeless, classic, but with a twist; something extra. (You will find) a shawl as a collar on a jacket; buttons of rhinestones on the back of a black skirt. Caroline’s designs evolve all the time, but common to her collections is that they are feminine and take advantage of the female. Caroline thinks everyday elegance; and thinks there is all reason to dress a little festive on a daily basis.

WHICH PIECES DO YOU LIKE MOST IN HER COLLECTION?
I'm very fond of her fall collections and, in particular, a suit of fine wool; a black jacket with shawl collar and puff sleeves and gold buttons. The skirt of the jacket is a black bustlel form which is sewn over the hips with the width at the bottom.

HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WEAR CAROLINE’S GARMENTS?
I feel elegant, feminine and dressed in Caroline's clothes. She uses material that I like, silk, viscose, wool and chiffon. They are well-designed and tailored with the perfect fit. I like that it looks flamboyant. I feel cosmopolitan, a European, an internationalist. A woman in the world.

WHAT'S MAYFLY – CAROLINE GEIJER’S POSITION IN THE FASHION WORLD? WHAT IS HER VISION?
I think Caroline's vision is needed as a counterweight to all the trends that come and go. Her designs are timeless, classic, beautiful, stylish and luxurious.

No comments:

Post a Comment