Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bruce Almighty


Photographed By Ellinor Forje

Life is strange. Twenty years ago, one side of my bedroom wall plastered with magazine pages of Bruce Weber's photography. I'd cut them out in an attempt to create a master piece collage. It was a half-butched-semi-succesful attempt, due to the fact that majority of the most interesting images had to be kept out of my parents sight (Marky Mark posing semi-naked in a pair of CK boxer briefs didn't fly high with the parental unit then, now, or ever).

I was in complete awe of this man (Bruce!) growing up. Still am. Yet, the day I finally ran into him, I could hardly believe my eyes. Although I recognized him instantly (the bandana gave him away) just to make sure that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me (just pinching yourself is never enough), I had to do a quick Q &As:

Me: Are you a photographer?

Bruce: Yes.

Me: Are you Bruce Weber?

Bruce: Yes. I am.

2 comments:

  1. bruce weber!!!!!you met the bruce weber!!!!o my omy my!!!!!
    i am following you...follow me if you want:)
    http://flysongbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great .... thx for sharing. also, thanks for stopping by FatScribe and for your comments!

    ReplyDelete