Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mistral's Daughter

Photographed By Ellinor Forje 

My mind usually wanders off to the South of France this time of the year. I don't know why that is. Why is that? Maybe due to the numerous activities that take place there in April and May, like the International Fashion and Photography Festival in Hy√®res (is anybody going? Let me know so that I can live vicariously through you!)  and the Cannes Film Festival. Or, maybe because my mind generally likes to wander for no specific reason (Read: my mind likes to wander to places where I can eat Pompe aux pommes du Perigord in abundance - je suis une petite gourmande).

All that said, last Spring, in Cannes, I discovered the work of French-born artist, Bernard Charoy, born in 1931. Yes, in 2012 (although I later realized that I had seen some of his paintings earlier without having a name attached to them), shame on me! But, I've since redeemed myself and will post more images of Chardoy's tableaux starting, Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Che bel post!

    Baci baci

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so stunning!! perfect!!:O
    Romwe giveaway on my blog!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture, so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice !
    great blog!
    Maybe we follow each other!?
    Let me know :)

    Greetings

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning a trip with friends but I don't think we're going to make it this season. I've never been so I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love France. I would love to visit the South of France too.

    Have a Great Weekend,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that illustration :) beautiful blog you have here. Thanks for your kind comment on mine, I hope you'll come by again soon <3

    xoxo
    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know him and I like his work.
    Thank you for this discovery!

    (www.iambabylonia.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete