Tuesday, October 14, 2014

1844 Chocolat


Photographed By Ellinor Forje 

The word on the street is that I like chocolate. I know this because I put that word on the street. Baur au Lac, Zurich responded; "We will leave a 'sweet surprise' for you at the concierge desk which you could pick up after the visit of the press conference on Sunday."

Without further ado, I headed straight to the concierge desk upon my arrival at the hotel because, although I like to think of myself as mature and sufistikated - that spelling! I have the curiousity and patience of a five-year-old. I can never wait until after anything. 

The gift bag contained a handwritten card (love receiving them), wrapped dark and milk chocolate squares, and a box of the most delicious Pralinés classiques. And, I made it through the entire afternoon without sampling any of the treats.
 
I am after all mature and sophisticated. 

The squares were gone the next day.

1 comment: