"Yo! What's black and rhymes with Dr. Dre?"
"Snoop Dogg."
I wish I could claim that joke, but it belongs to Nicole Richie and her wonderfully dry, Larry David-esque sense of humour in the AOL web series, later adapted into the VH1 programme "Candidly Nicole".
The format is a little unconventional. The VH1 programme expands the original five-minute AOL episodes into 20-minute instalments, while the web series itself was inspired by Richie's Twitter feed. I've included the links below for anyone curious to see how the concept evolved.
"Candidly Nicole" draws comedy from the small absurdities of everyday life, presented in a loose, cinéma vérité style. Along the way are appearances by Sofia Richie, Lionel Richie, Katherine Power, founder and creative director of "Who What Wear," together with a mix of familiar and lesser-known faces. It occupies a space somewhere between reality television and scripted comedy, blending elements of both without fitting comfortably into either category.
Now married with children, Richie still possesses the wit and irreverence that made her such a memorable presence on "The Simple Life" alongside Paris Hilton. Her comic voice has matured without losing the playfulness that first made audiences warm to her.
I recommend watching every episode in one sitting. The short running time lends itself perfectly to binge viewing, allowing the rhythm of the programme to build naturally. With another season due this summer, I'll be waiting until the finale has aired before settling in for the entire run.
Love her!
ReplyDeletei hate the show to be honest.
ReplyDelete