Sunday, January 3, 2016

Tangina Stone

Photo Courtesy Of Tangina Stone 

WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND RAISED?
I was born in Cleveland, Ohio. I was raised in Canton, Ohio.

WHEN DID YOU GET STARTED IN MUSIC?
I started singing at the age of two and performing by the age of seven. By the time I was 12, I began to record music in studios as well.

FIRST SONG EVER SUNG?
My first song that I have ever sang was "Jingle Bells". Because I sang it so often, my family gave me the nickname "Bina Bell".

WHO ARE YOUR MUSICAL INSPIRATIONS AND HOW DO YOU CLASSIFY YOUR OWN SOUND?
I classify my sound as a blend of soul and rock. I'm inspired by Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Sade, Motown, Billie Holliday, Stevie Nicks and Janice Joplin.

WHAT’S YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS?
To spend my time in places that inspire me and surround me with positive energy.

WHAT’S YOUR ARTISTIC DIRECTION?
My hair is all natural, my style is androgynous and I love leather. I am very expressive and particular about the way that I present myself.

WHAT’S THE NEXT BEST THING TO, IF YOU WEREN’T DOING THIS?
If I wasn't doing music, I would probably be teaching music and history.

HOW DO YOU TURN UP?
The same way that most do. I spend time with my amazing friends, and do amazing things together. Sometimes we stay up for whole days and nights. Sometimes we end our good times with writing a great song.

WHAT WAS DOPEST THING ABOUT 2015?
All of the opportunities that came to me through music. I traveled to the West Coast for the first time to perform. I played at the Howard Theatre in D.C. This year was a tough one, although I believe that it officially sparked the beginnings of my dreams coming true.

AND FINALLY, A QUESTION YOU WISH SOME ONE WOULD ASK YOU AND THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION IS?
I like that the questions that people ask me are sometimes surprising. They cause me to think really hard, and to give the most thoughtful answers as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment