Sunday, August 21, 2016

The New Iron Man. . .Girl

Photot Courtesy Of Marvel Entertaiment

There's a new Iron Man in town and she goes by the name Riri Williams. It's been a couple of weeks since Marvel Comics announced the latest character to their universe illustrated by Brian Michael Bendis. She's an adddition rather than a replacement. Meaning, she and her predecessor, Tony Stark, will (peacefully?) coexist. I think this is the case (or homeboy's about to be made obsolete).  Intriguing. And upon viewing the natural hair, loop earrings and crop top, I wondered about homegirl's prototype. I see a conglomerate of people, fictional and factual. Namely, Coffy, Lupita Nyong'o, Gigi Hadid, and of course the namesake, Rihanna. Who is it, or was it? Email HQ.

July 11, 2016

Ellinor, Riri is not a fashion based character. She will be in the Iron Man armor. . .

Mr Marvel, with all due respect, I beg to differ. All. superheroes. are. fashion. based. What have we here? "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Bam! Purple pants! 

Why so serious, when there's clearly an architect to this colour scheme? Purple and green, the Joker hit it first. Denoting suit, vest, tie and grin. It's distorted, but dapper, right? OK, so it's mostly distorted. My point is more that the mania of clothing serves a purpose. The crusader's costume is carefully crafted to distingusih their identity, and morever, traits of vice or virtue. I can bring forth more examples like the Style, I mean Suicide Squad. Oooooh, and Batman. Take away the accessories; the car, the cave and the cape. What is left, but a mere man and his butler. And to add to the word, he's got a massive chip on his shoulder. There, I said. . .

Wait, what's that knock on my door?

No comments:

Post a Comment