Saturday, December 3, 2022

Alina Añon

Photo Courtesy Of Alina Añon

WHERE ARE YOUR RIGHT NOW AND HAVE YOU ALWAYS LIVED THERE?
I normally live between Los Angeles, Argentina and Uruguay.  Currently, I am in Argentina.

WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND BROUGHT UP?
I was born in the city of Santa Fe, in Argentina. I lived there all my childhood, until I was 17 years old, when I moved to the city of Buenos Aires to study Graphic Design. Later, at the age of 25, I left Argentina to move to Los Angeles and start my career in visual effects.

WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT YOUR PRESENT CITY OR HOMETOWN?
What I value most about the place where I am currently (Argentina) is my family.  I like to be with my affections and be able to share moments that I will treasure forever.

WHY ART?
Because it is something that mobilizes me since I was little. I see my art as the possibility of transmitting. Conveying feelings, sensations, energies...I like to think, for example, that every time I paint, with each brushstroke, I can fill my works with different energies. The possibility of causing something in the other person through my art fills me with emotion.

HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE THE SKILL?
I always liked painting and drawing, but I never took classes. What I did do was study graphic design and then specialized in visual effects and matte painting, which I think gave me different tools for my art. 

WHAT'S YOUR PREFERRED MEDIUM?
My favorite medium is canvas. I like the texture and the final finish of the works.

WHAT IS YOUR PROCESS FROM CONCEPT TO CREATION?
The process of creating my works is long. When I paint, I like to put all my energy into it in order to convey a message through my works. First, I establish a concept, a message...What I know I want to convey. Once the concept is established, I start to make a digital sketch of the work. And, after finishing the sketch, I start painting. Every color is there for a reason. Each stroke means something. Each brushstroke is made in order to deposit energy, vibrations on that canvas.

WHERE DO YOU FIND INSPIRATION?
I like to think that inspiration can be found anywhere. I usually look for it walking on the beach in the morning, drinking a delicious coffee, meditating... As I also find it in the people around me and in myself. One of the prevailing motifs in my works is women, their search for freedom and self-knowledge, beyond social impositions. In some way, I seek to pay tribute to all the women of the world and the personal struggles they face every day.

WHAT MOMENT ARE YOU HAVING?
At this moment I am happy. I am in the middle of the process of creating three new works to exhibit next year at the Florence Biennale. As I mentioned before, the process has several stages and the sketches are always modified; but it is an inspiring moment. It fills me with happiness to know that I have the possibility to do what I am passionate about and reach so many people through my art.

WHO OR WHAT HAS HAD THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON YOU?
The person who has had the most influence on me is my dad. Since I was little, I have always been encouraged to pursue my dreams. He was the person who taught me that if you really want something, with effort, perseverance and passion, everything is possible.

WHAT'S YOUR PERSONAL STYLE SENSE AND SENSIBILITY?
Among the things I like are walks along the seashore, meditation, coffee and getting to know new places. I also like music, as it relaxes me and transports me to unexpected places. And, of course, art, which accompanies me every day of my life.

WHAT BEAUTY ROUTINE DO YOU SWEAR BY?
I try to balance my beauty routine with my philosophy of life. In my day to day, I usually drink a lot of water and meditate. Meditating, for example, gives me well-being and inner peace. Which, I'm sure, is seen on the outside. I am a true believer in energies, and that our exterior also reflects who we are on the inside. 

WHAT DO YOU GET UP TO WHEN YOU'RE NOT WORKING?
When I'm not working I take the opportunity to be with my family, with my friends, or simply to rest. I like to relax and treasure moments.

HOW DO YOU UNWIND?
 I like to relax looking at the sea, while I walk on the beach. I like when the water reaches the shore and touches my feet, it makes me feel calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment