Friday, February 1, 2019

Ashlee, The Lascivious R&B Singer With The Lita Lashes


Photo Courtesy Of Ashlee

"I’m from Elmont Long Island, and yes, I’ve been here my whole life. I was born in Brooklyn. I grew up in Elmont Long Island.

Best thing about my hometown is how quiet it is. New York in general is fast paced and busy, it’s nice to go home to a calm setting.

My aspirations growing up were actually to become a pediatrician, I’ve always been obsessed with kids. I still am! They are so important for the future of mankind I think it’s important that we remember that, and help nourish them mentally, emotionally and physically: And also to become a singer. I would dress up every night and sing in my mom's heels and pretend I’m BeyoncĂ©.

Why music? Well, music has always been my escape. When I’m sad, mad or confused, music has  given me comfort. I’m very private. I don’t really let people in too much. Even close people. Listening to music speaks to me and often helps me think clearly. Especially, when I’m writing because I get to map out my feelings. Being a young woman is challenging sometimes. There’s still alot for me to learn about myself, and writing helps me do that.

First song ever sung, that would have to be 'Listen' by BeyoncĂ©. My parents never knew I could sing, but one day in the car I let the secret loose, and they were obsessed  and so excited.

Music that moves me would be the whole 'Miseducation of Lauren Hill'. It talks about almost all the struggles women of color go through, I feel a lot of what she talks about.

My creative process differs. Usually, I like to write when I’m alone. With just me, my heart, mind and soul. That’s when I write my deepest songs. Other than that, when I’m in the studio, I usually hum out a melody first then pick a topic based on how the melody feels, then fill in words.

My biggest influence is my mother. She’s the strongest, smartest, most loving, nurturing, respectable, and beautiful person I know. I adore everything about her and use her as my top motivation. There’s no better feeling for me than making that woman smile. She deserves the world. I cant wait till music allows me to give it to her.

About Lita Lashes, well, I’m big on lashes, if you can’t tell. Everyone who knows me knows that. People on Instagram and in person always would ask me to refer them to where I get mine from. I thought about just starting my own line, it’s something I love and know a lot about. Why not? I did. I’m glad people are loving them. Get you some Lita Lashes Ladies!

My personal aesthetic, everthing pink! But, I have a few sides. It’s either I am in the girliest outfit ever (usually everything pink or sparkly) or I’m in sweats. I like to work out so I’m usually in workout clothes. Casual streetwear is another side you might catch me in. I'm between over the top and super laid back...

My beauty routine. OK, tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar for pimples. I don’t get them often, probably four a year, but when I do they are bad. I put these two on it, and zap, it’s gone. Another is coconut oil. I use it for everything. Healing marks, my hair, my skin and cuticles. I also put apple cinder vinegar in my tea twice daily it helps my digestive system and keeps my tummy on flat flat.

In my my off time, I passionately love travel. I’m not one of those that get homesick too quick. I really love exploring new places, people and cultures. And Family! Family is important to me and I enjoy spending time with my peoples. That includes my close friends, they know who they are. I really have a great group of people around me. Truly blessed.

I unwind through singing. It’s really bad, like, I always sing. Also through spoiling myself. Shopping, getting my hair and nails done. Oh and ice cream! Lots of ice cream! Cold stone!"

As told to MBF,
January 31, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment